BS376-24 Assessments for Biomedical Science
BS376-24 Assessments for Biomedical Science.
To complete the development of students' research and transferrable skills through a program of laboratory and tutorial activities (continuation of programs in Years 1 and 2).
This is an indicative module outline only to give an indication of the sort of topics that may be covered. Actual sessions held may differ.
Students will complete the third year of a laboratory and tutorial-based skills program. The key aims of the year 3 program are to embed final year level literature and practical research skills and communication skills. This will be achieved through a combination of tutorial set tasks, some of which are formative and some summatively assessed, and laboratory classes.
By the end of the module, students should be able to:
- Students should be able to critically analyse data produced in the laboratory or in work sheet format
- Students should be able to deliver a concise and informative oral presentation on a science topic
- Students should be able to produce a concise summary of research literature
- Students should be able to analyse critically the primary research literature
Subject specific skills
|Seminars||4 sessions of 1 hour (2%)|
|Tutorials||8 sessions of 1 hour (3%)|
|Supervised practical classes||10 sessions of 5 hours (21%)|
|Private study||178 hours (74%)|
Private study description
178 hrs self-study and preparation of assessments
No further costs have been identified for this module.
You do not need to pass all assessment components to pass the module.
Assessment group A3
|Scientific Paper (Ethical Approval)||9%|
Feedback on assessment
Regular small group meetings with tutor; digital written feedback on on-line assessments; oral feedback on seminar presentations
This module is Core for:
- Year 3 of UBSA-C1B9 Undergraduate Biomedical Science
- Year 3 of ULFA-C1A3 Undergraduate Biomedical Science (MBio)
- Year 3 of ULFA-C1A7 Undergraduate Biomedical Science with Industrial Placement (MBio)
- Year 4 of UBSA-CB19 Undergraduate Biomedical Science with Intercalated Year